Are you facing any sound issue? If yes, then, fortunately, there are plenty of ways through which you can fix this issue. Go through this blog carefully to know about it in detail.
Reasons behind the problems related to sound on Windows 10
Majority of the times, hardware creates sound problems. It has been observed that sometimes software also creates problems. It is worth noting the fact that big Windows 10 updates not only add many new features, but they also add new issues. The drivers might be the culprit as well for the sound problem on Windows 10.
Best ways of troubleshooting audio issues on Windows 10
Go through your cables and volumes
- Firstly, check that the speakers plugged in correctly into the jacks.
- Then, check that the volume is raised. For checking the volume level –Do a right click on the symbol of the speaker on your system tray. After that, press on the Volume Mixer from the given list.
Note: You should always remember that there are few speakers and headphones which have their applications with volume controls. Make sure you check over there too.
Ensure that the audio device is the default
- Firstly, write ‘Sound’ on the search bar of Windows 10.
- After that, press on Sound.
- Then, choose the Playback tab.
- Next, choose your audio device.
- After that, choose Set Default.
Prefer rebooting your system after completing the update
There are plenty of Windows 10 systems updates who expect from users to restart the device after completing the installation. If it has not been done, then it can be the reasons behind the issue related to the sound. It can be done by following the given below instructions:
- Firstly, prefer closing every application of your Windows 10 system.
- Then, do the reboot of your Windows 10 systems.
Use Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter
The Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter can identify and solve many sound related issues. The method of using it is given below so read it carefully.
- Firstly, write ‘audio troubleshooter’ into the search bar of Windows 10.
- Then, choose ‘Find and Fix audio playback problems.’
- After that, note that the troubleshooter would have to get displayed on the screen.
- Lastly, do according to the on-screen instructions.
Prefer updating the audio driver
- Firstly, write ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar.
- Then, choose the Device Manager from the list presented before you from the results.
- After that, do double-click on Sound, video and game controllers.
- Next, double click on the sound card.
- Then, choose Driver tab.
- After that, choose Update Driver.
Sara is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Sara has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.