Windows Firewall is the part of Microsoft Windows. This tracks the details which are coming to the computer from the Internet and helps to protect from dangerous programs. This blocks all the programs which will damage your computer and protect all your personal details.
It also protects you from different networks and secures your computer from the invalid connection. Windows Firewall works on all versions of Windows. Windows Firewall is a silent program as it works in the background.
It automatically protects all your data and from the unauthorized connection. It keeps track of all the networks that are going on the system, and this software also helps you to protect from different types of malware software which include adware, ransomware, keylogger, Rootkit, etc.
How to Disable Windows Firewall in Windows 7, 8 and 10?
Follow the given steps to disable the Windows Firewall in Windows 7, 8 and 10:
• Go to the Control Panel. The simplest way to open the control panel is with the help of “Power User Menu” or the Start button in Windows 7.
• Choose “System & Security” link given on the control panel page.
• Select “Windows Firewall” option.
• Choose to enable or disable Windows Firewall located on the left column of the Windows Firewall display.
• Choose the circle given on the front of “Turn off Windows Firewall” option.
• Press “Ok” to save it.
After completing these steps Windows Firewall turned off, you can apply these steps again to check that turning off that option has solved the problem.
How to Turn Off Windows Firewall in Windows Vista?
By going to the page of Control Panel, you can disable Windows Firewall there in Windows Vista, go through the below steps to know how to do this:
• Enter “Control Panel” in the Command Prompt window and then click “Enter.”
• Select “Security” from the control panel menu.
• Press “Windows Firewall” button.
• Choose “Windows Firewall disabling or enabling” located on the left column on the screen.
• Go to the General page given in the “Windows Firewall Settings” menu.
• Choose the circle to change it into blue color.
• Press “Ok” to save those changes.
How to Turn Off Windows Firewall in Windows XP?
The steps to disable Windows Firewall in Windows XP are not the same as the new versions of it, but you will find it very easy.
• Type Control Panel in the Window section by pressing on “Start” and after that, Control Panel.
• Press “Network & Internet Connections” option.
• Press “Network Connections” given in the “or pick a Control Panel symbol” column.
• Right-Clicking on the Internet connection.
• Select “Properties.”
• Go to the “Advanced” button.
• Press the “Settings” app.
• Select the “Disable” tab.
• Press “Ok” given on the Windows Firewall screen and then press “Ok” in the “Properties” screen of the Internet Connection.
Sara is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Sara has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.